Walk For Life is an annual walkathon organized by CanSupport to raise awareness about rising incidence of cancer in India and to show solidarity with those suffering from cancer. Since 2008, the walk aims to create awareness around cancer and palliative care in the country. Along with this, it also aims to show solidarity with cancer patients and their care givers.
CanSupport’s ‘Walk for Life; Stride Against Cancer’ event has become a much talked about and awaited annual feature of the Delhi calendar.
Now in it’s 11th year, the walk aims to create awareness around cancer and palliative care in the country. Along with this, it also aims to show solidarity with cancer patients and their care givers.
People from all walks of life, representing different age groups and professions: students, executives, cancer survivors, medical professionals, caregivers, celebrities, bureaucrats, politicians, expatriates and diplomats, among others, walk or run together for one common cause to fight against cancer.
WALK WITH US
Let's Fight Cancer Together
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register as an Individual and walk on your own!
- Run ahead of the walkers with a running club called “Running and Living”
- If you are a survivor, register for the ‘Lap of Honor’ and let the world see your courage and feel your hope. Please contact Saghir +91 97187 31285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register as a Group with family, friends or colleagues and win attractive prizes as the largest group
- Participants can also register themselves in sub categories of Cyclists / Skaters / Motor cyclists which may be specified in the registration form
- Largest Participating Group (Education)
- Largest Participating Group (Corporate)
- Largest Participating Group (Clubs & Associations)
- Highest Pledge Raiser (Institutional)
- Highest Pledge Raiser (Individual)
- Highest Individual Registration Mobilizer
- Largest Volunteer Group
- Best Slogan ( Top 3 winners will get attractive prizes)
CanSupport runs India’s largest free home-based palliative care programme. At any given time, our palliative care teams are caring for 2000 cancer patients and their families. We also run out-patient clinics, day care centers and training programmes. CanSupport’s vision is to create a caring and supportive society where people with cancer and their families live with dignity, hope and comfort. Started by Harmala Gupta (a cancer survivor) in 1996, CanSupport enables people with advanced cancer along with their families to make informed decisions and to receive appropriate physical, emotional, social and spiritual support.